Wireless Charging Technology and the Future of Electric Transportation covers the current status of wireless power transfer (WPT) technology and its potential applications to the future road and rail transportation systems.
Focusing on the applications of WPT technology to electric vehicle charging and the future green transportation field, Wireless Charging Technology and the Future of Electric Transportation was written collaboratively by nine experts in the field, led by Dr. In-Soo Suh, a professor and researcher from the Korean Advanced Institute of Technology (KAIST).
- Working principles of wireless power transfer technology
- Current technology and its projected future impact on electric vehicles
- Comparison between conductive and wireless charging of electric vehicles
- Introduction to dynamic wireless charging systems
- Technological challenges and international technical standards activities
- Applications in consumer electronics, rail, aviation, marine, and off-road transportation
- Long-distance electrical energy transfer