This book, which features the work presented by international experts at the 4th International Driver Metrics Workshop, in June 2008, offers a summary of the current state of driver metrics research.
Edited by workshop moderator Dr. Gary L. Rupp, the book introduces vital information to support the design of in-vehicle information and communication systems (IVIS).
Topics covered include:
- Driver object and event detection
- Peripheral detection tasks (PDT)
- Tactile-based detection tasks (TDT)
- Modified Sternberg method for assessing visual and cognitive load of in-vehicle tasks
- Modified Sternberg method for assessing peripheral detection task and lane change tests
- The relationship between performance metrics and crash risk
- Characterizing driver behaviors observed in naturalist driving studies
- Developing metrics from lane change test studies
|Exclusive Interviews with Authors|
|Dr. Linda Angell|