In addition to the extensive overview of terminology, physical processes, and future needs, each chapter also features select SAE papers (a total of 41 are included in the book), as well as a comprehensive list of references related to the subjects.
- Gasoline-Fueled HCCI Engines
- Diesel-Fueled HCCI Engines
- Alternative Fuels and Fuel Additives for HCCI Engines
- HCCI Control and Operating Range Extension
- Kinetics of HCCI Combustion
- HCCI Engine Modeling Approaches
Homogeneous Charge Compression Ignition (HCCI) Engines: Key Research and Development Issues provides a valuable base of information for those interested in learning about this rapidly-progressing technology which has the potential to enhance fuel economy and reduce emissions.