The commercial vehicle industry has always been focused on improving efficiency. These ten characteristic offerings present cutting-edge trends, technologies, and solutions that provide greater benefit and the application of knowledge to solve problems and guide future innovation. These studies are presented by experts from industrial, governmental, and academic partners on topics that include:
- Autonomous commercial vehicles
- Computational fluid dynamics and aerodynamics for heavy-duty, on-road applications
- Fuel and emissions efficiency of medium-duty powertrain configurations
- Intelligently controlled air-suspension systems
- Improving total cost of ownership by gains in thermal efficiency
- New simulation and testing techniques enabling next generation commercial vehicle technology
The leadership team has focused on bringing in a broad mixture of participants to COMVEC to discuss current technologies and the future challenges of the commercial vehicle industry. This first of its kind special publication draws on the strength of the event’s program and features ten of the best technical papers from the SAE International Congress.