Sustainable polymers are largely biodegradable, biocompatible, and sourced from renewable plant and agricultural stocks. A facile way to enhance their properties, so they can indeed replace the ones made from fossil fuels, is by reinforcing them with fibers to make composites. Natural fibers are gaining more acceptance in the industry due to their renewable nature, low cost, low density, low energy consumption, high specific strength and stiffness, CO2 sequestration potential, biodegradability, and less wear imposed on machinery.
Biocomposites then become a very feasible way to help address the fuel consumption challenge ahead of us.
This book, entitled Biocomposites in Automotive Applications, is segmented into three sections and includes eleven hand-picked technical papers covering:
- Processing and characterization of biocomposites
- Automotive applications of biocomposites
- A perspective on automotive sustainability
It is a must read for those interested in the growing importance of composites used in automotive applications and their impact on sustainable mobility.
Buy the Set and Save! The set includes:
- Design of Automotive Composites
- CAE Design and Failure Analysis of Automotive Composites
- Biocomposites in Automotive Composites