As the subject of Integrated Vehicle Health Management (IVHM) and its associated technologies have grown up, businesses are making the transformation from selling a product to selling a service. This can be viewed as a positive disruption, as a relatively small technology breakthrough is being brought to market for a large business benefit.
The sequence “sense—acquire—transfer—analyze—act" feeds the information (processed data) on the asset’s health into the Operations or Management control center. Here, decisions can be made on maintenance actions with knowledge of the supply chain status, MRO loading, etc., provided by Maintenance and Logistics systems. Undoubtedly, a much more efficient and economical modus operandi.
This book brings together a collection of twenty two SAE International Technical papers on this very theme, organized according to specific areas of interest:
- Electrical Power Systems
- Supporting Systems
They were selected by Dr. Ian K. Jennions, Director of IVHM Center at Cranfield University, in the UK. Dr. Jennions was also the editor of four other books on Integrated Vehicle Health Management, published by SAE International:
- Integrated Vehicle Health Management: Perspectives on an Emerging Field
- Integrated Vehicle Health Management: Business Case Theory and Practice
- Integrated Vehicle Health Management: The Technology
- Integrated Vehicle Health Management: Implementation and Lessons Learned
- No Fault Found: The Search for the Root Cause