The Debate Between Stiff and Yielding Seats begins with material from editor David C. Viano, explaining the key factors that allowed the debate to be resolved. The book then analyzes the effects of stiff and yielding seats on various crash scenarios, followed by an exploration of high retention seats. Patent information, new studies, and historical information are also included, making this comprehensive collection an essential resource for any safety professional's library.
- Occupant Retention and Whiplash Prevention
- A New Generation of Yielding Seats with Perimeter Frame and High Retention
- Overview of Seat Safety Patents
- New and Updated Studies on Rear Crash Testing and Field Crashes
- Reprints of SAE and AAAM Articles on Seats