The use of pressure charging techniques has therefore expanded significantly. Recent years have seen the ascendancy of the turbocharger and its use by almost every major global manufacturer. This exclusive report from ABOUT Automotive provides fresh, unbiased insight in a number of areas, including:
- The substantial growth in the demand for light-duty turbochargers worldwide, but especially in North America and China, fueled by the market-wide trend towards engine downsizing;
- Stricter exhaust emission regulations in all the major vehicle markets and the high price of fuel;
- The trend towards even more strict vehicle CO2 emissions globally;
- The state of the diesel market worldwide - from the growth of clean diesel in North America, to the political backlash in Europe; and
- Further developments in turbocharger technology, such as the increasing cost of high temperature resistant materials. This fifth edition report reviews the key market drivers for forced induction solutions for both the light vehicle and heavy commercial vehicle markets, providing some forward-looking analysis through to 2020.