The ability of stop-start systems to improve vehicle carbon emissions by between 5% and 15% at very low additional cost has seen a dramatic increase in the proportion of vehicles being fitted with such systems. And this growth in demand for stop-start systems is set to increase substantially, especially in Europe, North America, China and Japan.
The exclusive new report from ABOUT Automotive reviews the key market drivers for stop-start engine technology for the ‘micro hybrid’ segment and conventional internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicle applications.
It sets out the market drivers and forecasts for the global stop-start systems market through to 2020 and reviews the technical advances made in stop-start technology, including the competing technologies, and the latest developments. It also profiles a number of major suppliers of stop-start systems.
The report provides answers to such vital questions as:
- Why is the bulk of manufacturer investment now being directed towards improving ICE performance?
- What are the main challenges to vehicle engine designers, in terms of emission regulation compliance?
- The overall picture for stop-start systems in Europe is one of rapid growth. What will be the fitment rate and market value by 2020, and how does this compare to China and North America?
- What is driving market growth for stop-start systems?
- What are the key market trends?