Overall, demand for sensors is driven by the need to build cleaner, safer, more reliable, fuel efficient, convenient, and comfortable cars. But cost is also a major consideration.
In this second edition reviewing the key market drivers for automotive sensors, the author extends and updates the analysis originally published in 2004, and reviews the trends in the intervening eight years. It provides an authoritative overview of the technology issues (both present and future) as well as detailed market information for each of the sensor categories covered.
This exclusive report from ABOUT Automotive focuses on the following key areas:
- MEMS (micro electromechanical systems) technology
- Pressure sensors
- Magnetic sensors
- Radar and camera sensors
- Gas sensors
- Inertial sensors (accelerometers and gyroscopes)
The report provides answers to such vital questions as:
- What will be the value of the automotive sensor market by the year 2020?
- Which new sensor applications are emerging, and how strong is their growth potential?
- To what extent is MEMS emerging as the primary future technology in the sensor market?
- Will government legislation significantly affect future demand for radar and camera based safety systems?
- Who are the leading market participants in each automotive sensor sector?