Brand new research on automotive vehicle occupant restraint systems
The 2012 edition of this report reviews the key market drivers for vehicle occupant restraint systems, extending and updating the analysis originally published in 2004, as well as reviewing the trends in the intervening eight years.
This study provides fresh, unbiased insight in a number of areas, including:
- The market for vehicle occupant restraint systems, determining the trends and topical issues, as well as providing valuable market sector data;
- Market forecasts for passive safety systems through to 2020;
- Technical advances made in vehicle occupant restraint systems, including the latest advanced airbag technologies, inflatable seatbelts, and the latest developments in pedestrian protection; and
- The main manufacturers in the passive safety system sector; profiling the major airbag module and seatbelt manufacturers, namely Autoliv, TRW, Takata, Key Safety Systems, Nihon Plast and Toyoda Gosei.
The report provides answers to such vital questions as:
- Will the adoption of new car assessment programmes in developing countries accelerate the growth of safety equipment in these markets?
- How significant is the difference between the current average safety content per vehicle in developed markets and growth markets such as South America?
- What will be the value of the vehicle occupant restraint systems market in 2020, across all regions?
- What are the current market shares and values in the Chinese vehicle occupant restraint systems market? How does this compare to the market in India and the rest of Asia?
- To what extent are safety system manufacturers moving their activities to low-cost countries and regions?
Multi-user packages and subscription bundles are available. To learn more about subscriptions and for pricing, please email SAE Corporate Sales or call 1-724-772-7144.