Flow visualization is an important factor in the aerodynamic development of passenger cars and ground vehicles. This report offers an overview of techniques used to examine complex flow fields, concentrating on techniques used in automotive wind tunnels.
Includes numerous full-color photographs showing various flow fields. The following flow visualization techniques are discussed in this report:
- Surface Flow Description Using Yarn Tufts
- Surface Flow Description Using a Continuous Oil Film
- Flow Field Description Using Smoke Streamers
- Flow Field Description Using Helium Bubbles Streamer
- Flow Field Description Using a Continuous Motion Survey - Computer Generated Graphics
- And Many More