The conference provides an opportunity to participate in open discussion the causes and mechanisms of injury, experimental methods and tools for use in impact biomechanics research, and the development of new concepts for reducing injuries and fatalities in automobile crashes.
The topics covered this year include:
- Biomechanical Testing and Modeling of Human Response and Injury in Side Impacts
- Biomechanics of the Thorax/Abdomen
- Estimating Effects of Vehicle Mass and Active Safety Technologies on Injury/Fatality Risk
- Computational Models and ATDs
- Response and Injury to Pedestrians and Cyclists
- Human and ATD Response to High-Speed Vertical Loading