This publication explores innovative alternatives available to simply disposing of tires. In fact, waste tire products have many desirable properties in key application areas from thermoplastic elastomers to road surfaces. The primary area of study of this report is the EU, but reports from the US have also been cited. Statistics are incorporated from the EU markets, which illustrate changes in the industry since the inception of the European Tire Recycling Association a decade ago.
Approximately 400 references with abstracts from recent global literature accompany this review, sourced from the iSmithers Polymer Library, the largest dedicated resource of polymer information in the world. A subject index and a company index are included.
Sample contents include:
- Sustainable development: The context for recycling
- The tire as raw material for recycling
- Material valorization of post-consumer tires
- Traditional and evolving markets
- The future for tire recycling