Owning 48% of the global market of the continuous variable transmission, JATCO is well positioned to share the cutting-edge technology that has supported its impressive growth.
The development of innovative transmission systems, more reliable and efficient, owes its success to consistent investments in R&D but also to the commitment to monozukuri activities. A concept created in Japan and popularized in the late 90’s, monozukuri reaffirms the ability to make things (manufacturing), integrating development, production and procurement, including craftsmanship and continuous improvement.
JATCO Technical Review now in its 12th volume expands on the importance of two-pedal transmissions, and features the planning and development of JATC’s CVT8.
Important topics covered under this subject include:
- Development of new pulleys to expand ration coverage
- Development of a high-efficiency hydraulic system
- Improvement of heat performance
- Development of a fuel-efficient CVT fluid
- Development of a high-torque capacity chain for CVT
- Overview of ratio control system using sliding mode control