This book takes wheel alignment out of the shop’s back corner and gives it the attention it deserves. Using techniques presented in this book, you can save time by avoiding unnecessary readjustments and say goodbye to crooked steering wheels. You will learn about:
- Properties of the dynamic chassis: toe, camber and everything after
- Measurement technologies: From straight aluminum bar to touchless automatic
- Runout compensation: Why and how, risk and benefit
- Four steps to a straight steering wheel
- Typical adjustment errors and the consequences
- Chassis values: accident damage or tricky intention of the designer?
- Sophisticated kinematics: VAG toe curve/S-point adjustment
Wheel Alignment also includes examples from real-life adjustment encounters, as well as brief quizzes throughout to help you measure your progress on the topic.